“Small and expanding firms will become more prominent, and generate the majority of new jobs created. They will also contribute to changing apartheid-legacy patterns of business ownership. They will be stimulated through public and private procurement, improved access to debt and equity finance, and a simplified regulatory environment” - National Development Plan, SA
South Africa’s National Development Plan envisions a central role for small and medium enterprises in achieving the country’s 2030 vision. If small and medium businesses are to provide of any of the benefits expected or take advantage of the more favourable environment government wishes to create, they will have to be led by executives who are at the top of their games and supported by high performing teams.
Despite the very valuable contribution short focused corporate training workshops have, Ascent Coaching realizes still, that while they may reap significant benefits, this segment of the business world may, unfortunately, have difficulties raising the budgets necessary for either one on one or group Executive Coaching, particularly with a boutique firm such as ourselves.
Good social responsibility requires our firm to have a special interest in assisting these executives realize their potential nonetheless. We have therefore compiled a set of free resources which could help you begin the process of enhancing your abilities by coaching yourself in the first instance.
Brett Ledbetter is creator of FilmRoomTV.com, a website that features champion coaches, professional athletes and best selling authors. He also works with 200+ athletes, on a weekly basis, with a focus on skill development. Watch as he provides, in this TEDx GatewayArch video, insight on self-coaching, gained from champion coaches, a world renowned performance psychologist and a surprising ESPN game clip!
As part of Ascent Coaching's CSR, and given the importance of the non-profit sector in South Africa, we, together, with our CLI-Foundation, have secured specialised training for CBO staff working at a "grass-roots" level in the country. We will make available, again, at no-cost, training related to:
- assisting cummunity workers understand the impact of stress on their lives and build personal and organisational resilience [recognising that the wellbeing of frontline humanitarian aid workers is the responsibility not only of the individual themselves but equally of the CBO's who employ them and broader society which benefits from their services]. Individuals will be coached on how to build their wellbeing capability, employ skills for managing stress and increase resilience; and
- assisting CBO managers be aware of how high workloads and limited resources affect their frontline workers as well as develop mechanisms for staff care after a critical incident - the goal being to develop protocols for their own organisation's based on international best practice.
Have you heard?
- Why the wheels fell off China's tech boom 21 Jul 2019 08:11 The New Zealand Herald From Xiamen to Shanghai, mass graveyards of dirty bikes, all twisted frames and busted axles and handlebars, have become an unwanted emblem for hundreds of Chinese start-ups that once thrived on the back of easy money, hard graft and a light regulatory …
- Following passion bears fruit 21 Jul 2019 06:56 The New Zealand Herald Imagine giving up a regular job, your home, friends, family and country to pursue your passion. It's an exciting option for some and daunting for others. When people are pursuing something they are passionate about their energy drive, determination and …
- HR Compliance is One Call Away 21 Jul 2019 04:43 The OBSERVER More than 270 businesses in Chautauqua County have signed on since the inception of our Human Resources Compliance program in May. That may sound like a large number, but there are many that have yet to take advantage of this new program, and the state’s …
- Region 5 Legion playoffs: Mountain Post’s early outburst stands up vs. Bloomsburg 21 Jul 2019 04:02 Times Leader HUGHESTOWN — Nothing seems to come easy for Mountain Post. The team had to use its top two pitchers in Friday’s opening game of the Senior Legion Region 5 Tournament, so the Wyoming Valley champs were a little shorthanded on Saturday. Still, the team …
- The overlooked catcher fantasy owners should start immediately 21 Jul 2019 02:16 NYPOST Catchers have a tendency of being the fantasy equivalent of setting up auto payments with your bank — you set up the payment to be taken care of automatically, so you don’t have to worry or think about it, and you only are notified when something goes …
We also have training resources for South African non-profit leaders to introduce them to the 9 commitments of the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (the "Core Humanitarian Standard"). Participants will leave the training programme better able to deliver quality, effective and accountable humanitarian responses. Each of the 9 commitments will encourage NPO leaders to reflect on their key actions and organisational responsibilities ("what should we be doing?"), indicators ("are we doing it effectively?"), as well as the link behind CHS and technical standards, increasingly becoming an essential element for donor proposals.
Applications for these additional resources are considered on a rolling basis each year. Contact our offices for more information on how to apply.
Additionally, once you have thoroughly worked through these tools, you may find yourself wishing for more assistance. You should then contact our offices which will assist you find a coach through our Power Coaching® network, who is trained to help you discover the root causes of your difficulty in achieving a certain goal or competency and who, more importantly, has the tools to assist you make positive changes in your life. Many of these coaches may be prepared to offer you a coaching service, perhaps through electronic means (such as via web-conference) which you may find more financially accessible.