“Small and expanding firms will become more prominent, and generate the majority of new jobs created. They will also contribute to changing apartheid-legacy patterns of business ownership. They will be stimulated through public and private procurement, improved access to debt and equity finance, and a simplified regulatory environment” - National Development Plan, SA
South Africa’s National Development Plan envisions a central role for small and medium enterprises in achieving the country’s 2030 vision. If small and medium businesses are to provide of any of the benefits expected or take advantage of the more favourable environment government wishes to create, they will have to be led by executives who are at the top of their games and supported by high performing teams.
Despite the very valuable contribution short focused corporate training workshops have, Ascent Coaching realizes still, that while they may reap significant benefits, this segment of the business world may, unfortunately, have difficulties raising the budgets necessary for either one on one or group Executive Coaching, particularly with a boutique firm such as ourselves.
Good social responsibility requires our firm to have a special interest in assisting these executives realize their potential nonetheless. We have therefore compiled a set of free resources which could help you begin the process of enhancing your abilities by coaching yourself in the first instance.
Brett Ledbetter is creator of FilmRoomTV.com, a website that features champion coaches, professional athletes and best selling authors. He also works with 200+ athletes, on a weekly basis, with a focus on skill development. Watch as he provides, in this TEDx GatewayArch video, insight on self-coaching, gained from champion coaches, a world renowned performance psychologist and a surprising ESPN game clip!
As part of Ascent Coaching's CSR, and given the importance of the non-profit sector in South Africa, we, together, with our CLI-Foundation, have secured specialised training for CBO staff working at a "grass-roots" level in the country. We will make available, again, at no-cost, training related to:
- assisting cummunity workers understand the impact of stress on their lives and build personal and organisational resilience [recognising that the wellbeing of frontline humanitarian aid workers is the responsibility not only of the individual themselves but equally of the CBO's who employ them and broader society which benefits from their services]. Individuals will be coached on how to build their wellbeing capability, employ skills for managing stress and increase resilience; and
- assisting CBO managers be aware of how high workloads and limited resources affect their frontline workers as well as develop mechanisms for staff care after a critical incident - the goal being to develop protocols for their own organisation's based on international best practice.
Have you heard?
- Viacom and CBS Announce ViacomCBS Corporate Leadership 18 Nov 2019 18:11 Odessa American NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 18, 2019-- CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) today announced additional senior appointments for ViacomCBS’ corporate leadership. These appointments, which will be effective upon closing, will align key …
- AVEO Announces Presentation of Updated OS and Subgroup Data from Phase 3 TIVO-3 Trial of Tivozanib in Renal Cell Carcinoma 18 Nov 2019 12:57 Odessa American CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 18, 2019-- AVEO Oncology (NASDAQ: AVEO) today announced the presentation of updated data from the Phase 3 TIVO-3 trial. The data were presented on Saturday, November 16, 2019, at the 18 th International Kidney Cancer …
- The Importance Of Cultivating Empathy In The Workplace 18 Nov 2019 12:36 Forbes Empathy is generally defined as “the ability to sense other people’s emotions, coupled with the ability to imagine what someone else might be thinking or feeling.” Today, as the workplace continues to evolve, empathy is often expected in the workforce, …
- Miami Marlins Need To Seriously Consider Nicholas Castellanos As An Offensive Upgrade 18 Nov 2019 12:04 Forbes CINCINNATI, OH - AUGUST 08: Nicholas Castellanos #6 of the Chicago Cubs is seen at bat during the ... [+] game against the Cincinnati Reds at Great American Ball Park on August 8, 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Photo by Michael Hickey/Getty Images)Getty …
- Best running watches for 2019 to help you keep fit from FitBit, Garmin, Samsung and more 18 Nov 2019 11:15 Mirror Running is a great way to get fit, but if you're not sure where to start or want to monitor your progress, then a running watch is a great piece of tech that can help you monitor your progress. To help, we've put together a list of the best running …
We also have training resources for South African non-profit leaders to introduce them to the 9 commitments of the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (the "Core Humanitarian Standard"). Participants will leave the training programme better able to deliver quality, effective and accountable humanitarian responses. Each of the 9 commitments will encourage NPO leaders to reflect on their key actions and organisational responsibilities ("what should we be doing?"), indicators ("are we doing it effectively?"), as well as the link behind CHS and technical standards, increasingly becoming an essential element for donor proposals.
Applications for these additional resources are considered on a rolling basis each year. Contact our offices for more information on how to apply.
Additionally, once you have thoroughly worked through these tools, you may find yourself wishing for more assistance. You should then contact our offices which will assist you find a coach through our Power Coaching® network, who is trained to help you discover the root causes of your difficulty in achieving a certain goal or competency and who, more importantly, has the tools to assist you make positive changes in your life. Many of these coaches may be prepared to offer you a coaching service, perhaps through electronic means (such as via web-conference) which you may find more financially accessible.