“Small and expanding firms will become more prominent, and generate the majority of new jobs created. They will also contribute to changing apartheid-legacy patterns of business ownership. They will be stimulated through public and private procurement, improved access to debt and equity finance, and a simplified regulatory environment” - National Development Plan, SA
South Africa’s National Development Plan envisions a central role for small and medium enterprises in achieving the country’s 2030 vision. If small and medium businesses are to provide of any of the benefits expected or take advantage of the more favourable environment government wishes to create, they will have to be led by executives who are at the top of their games and supported by high performing teams.
Despite the very valuable contribution short focused corporate training workshops have, Ascent Coaching realizes still, that while they may reap significant benefits, this segment of the business world may, unfortunately, have difficulties raising the budgets necessary for either one on one or group Executive Coaching, particularly with a boutique firm such as ourselves.
Good social responsibility requires our firm to have a special interest in assisting these executives realize their potential nonetheless. We have therefore compiled a set of free resources which could help you begin the process of enhancing your abilities by coaching yourself in the first instance.
Brett Ledbetter is creator of FilmRoomTV.com, a website that features champion coaches, professional athletes and best selling authors. He also works with 200+ athletes, on a weekly basis, with a focus on skill development. Watch as he provides, in this TEDx GatewayArch video, insight on self-coaching, gained from champion coaches, a world renowned performance psychologist and a surprising ESPN game clip!
As part of Ascent Coaching's CSR, and given the importance of the non-profit sector in South Africa, we, together, with our CLI-Foundation, have secured specialised training for CBO staff working at a "grass-roots" level in the country. We will make available, again, at no-cost, training related to:
- assisting cummunity workers understand the impact of stress on their lives and build personal and organisational resilience [recognising that the wellbeing of frontline humanitarian aid workers is the responsibility not only of the individual themselves but equally of the CBO's who employ them and broader society which benefits from their services]. Individuals will be coached on how to build their wellbeing capability, employ skills for managing stress and increase resilience; and
- assisting CBO managers be aware of how high workloads and limited resources affect their frontline workers as well as develop mechanisms for staff care after a critical incident - the goal being to develop protocols for their own organisation's based on international best practice.
Have you heard?
- Vacancy: Human Resource Coordinator 05 Aug 2020 21:36 Now Grenada Human Resource Coordinator – Reports to Managing Director The incumbent will be responsible for providing Human Resource and Industrial Relations support for Grenada Breweries Limited. This function supports the delivery of value-added service to …
- Maintain BUY on Teamlease Services - Recovery on the cards ICICI Securities 05 Aug 2020 18:31 Equity Bulls Mr. Amit Chandra & Mr. Apurva Prasad, Institutional Research Analyst, HDFC Securities. Teamlease delivered an in-line revenue and better margin performance in what is being termed as a tough quarter. The impact of the pandemic was felt on core staffing …
- Employees Set High Bar: Workplace Safety, Transparent Communication, and Contact Tracing Non-negotiable, find Kronos Surveys 05 Aug 2020 18:04 Odessa American - Texas LOWELL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 5, 2020-- Organizational safety is paramount amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and transparent communication plays a critical role: A recent survey from Kronos Incorporated conducted by The Harris Poll finds nearly 9 in 10 U.S …
- The Lack of Meaningful Human Capital Metrics Is Hurting Agencies 05 Aug 2020 17:33 Government Executive The 2002 E-Government Act kicked off critical investments in information technology aimed at improving the transparency, efficiency and effectiveness of federal operations. In fiscal 2020, agencies will spend more than $89 billion on IT Investments (not …
- Natural8 2020 WSOP Online Performance of the Week: Ian Steinman Tops $100K Leaderboard 05 Aug 2020 17:10 Poker News August 05, 2020 Chad Holloway Natural8 is home to the WSOP 2020 Online with 54 Bracelet Events taking place from July 19th till 6th September 6th. Win a Bracelet and join the exclusive Natural8 Winner's Circle where up to $700,000 in Sponsorship …
We also have training resources for South African non-profit leaders to introduce them to the 9 commitments of the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (the "Core Humanitarian Standard"). Participants will leave the training programme better able to deliver quality, effective and accountable humanitarian responses. Each of the 9 commitments will encourage NPO leaders to reflect on their key actions and organisational responsibilities ("what should we be doing?"), indicators ("are we doing it effectively?"), as well as the link behind CHS and technical standards, increasingly becoming an essential element for donor proposals.
Applications for these additional resources are considered on a rolling basis each year. Contact our offices for more information on how to apply.
Additionally, once you have thoroughly worked through these tools, you may find yourself wishing for more assistance. You should then contact our offices which will assist you find a coach through our Power Coaching® network, who is trained to help you discover the root causes of your difficulty in achieving a certain goal or competency and who, more importantly, has the tools to assist you make positive changes in your life. Many of these coaches may be prepared to offer you a coaching service, perhaps through electronic means (such as via web-conference) which you may find more financially accessible.